Asheville Urological Associates remains open for the foreseeable future. We are committed to provide you with the care you need at this time while reducing the risk of exposure.
COVID-19 Office Protocols Video
COVID-19 Office Protocols
- We are seeing patients in the office on a condensed schedule.
- Patients are screened at the front door with a health questionnaire and a temperature is obtained.
- We are limiting the number of patients who enter the office. We are only allowing the patient to enter our building. Patient caretakers are able to join the patient with physician permission.
- We are encouraging patients to check in and then wait in their vehicle.
- Phlebotomy services remain available in the office.
- Fridays are reserved as our in office routine procedure day for the following:
- Catheter changes
- Bladder instillations
- BCG treatments
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, please call our office at 828-253-5314, option 0 to reschedule your appointment if you have any of the following.
- Persistent cough
- Fever of 100 or greater
- Shortness of breath
- Traveled on a plane or cruise ship within the last 2 weeks
Telehealth Appointments (Video Visits)
Our office is providing as much virtual health care as possible through the use of Telehealth Appointments. Telehealth appointments (video visits) allows our healthcare providers an additional way to evaluate, diagnose, and develop treatment plans with a patient using technology (cell phone with camera or computer/laptop with a camera) without the need for an in-person visit. Our office uses Doxy.me website as our video platform for these visits.
Here's How it Works:
- Our team will ask you a few screening questions to determine if you qualify for a telehealth visit. The screening questions will determine if you have the technology tools for the visit, and whether or not you should be seen in the office.
- Our team will schedule your telehealth visit at your designated time.
- You will be asked to join your telehealth meeting at least 10-15 minutes in advance of your appointment time. Our dedicated Doxy.me web address is www.aua.doxy.me.
- Once on the aua.doxy.me website, you will select your provider from the drop down list, enter your name, and then you will enter into the virtual waiting room
- Once inside the virtual waiting room, the website will ask your permission to use your webcam and microphone on your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. Once permission is granted, you will then await your medical provider admission into the private telehealth meeting room.